MAPLE SPLASH RAFFLE 2024 RULES
THIS VERSION OF MAPLE SPLASH RAFFLE RULES WERE GENERATED ON 11/2/2023 – ALL OTHER VERSIONS ARE OBSOLETE AND SHOULD BE DISCARDED
1. Sponsor – The Rotary Club of Burton-Middlefield (BMR) operates the raffle. BMR is the sponsor of the Maple Splash Raffle (MSR) and any additional Raffles herein and the Maple Splash Committee (MSC) conducts the raffles. The purpose of the MSR is to raise funds to support projects of BMR, give scholarships, support humanitarian activities by individuals and other such activities undertaken by BMR. BMR is a 501 © 4 organization
2. Eligibility – Any person 18 years of age or older, residing where the MSR is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket to be entered in the MSR. This person shall be known as the “ticket holder”. An affidavit of eligibility (a legal document bearing the ticket holder’s name including proof of age) may be required from ticket holders who win a prize. BMR club members are prohibited from purchasing tickets, side raffle tickets or any other raffle tickets associated with the MSR.
3. Rules – By purchasing a ticket, each ticket holder, together with their heirs, administrators, executors, insurers, attorneys and assigns, agree to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions and restrictions set forth herein (“Rules”) as well as the applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. The MSC’s decisions in all matters concerning the MSR and the MSC’s interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final and non-appealable. Please contact BMR if you have questions regarding the Rules or the MSR. The MSR is void where prohibited by law.
4. Modification or cancellation of the MSR or Rules. BMR reserves the right to cancel or modify the MSR, to change or modify the Rules as BMR determines is its sole discretion.
5. Releases – By purchasing a ticket, each ticket holder releases BMR, its directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as the members of the MSC from any and all injury, loss, damage or liability with respect to the MSR, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, loss, causes of action, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and each ticket holder, together with their heirs, administrators, executors, insurers, attorneys and assigns agrees to indemnify and hold BMR and the MSC harmless from any and all losses, damages, causes of action, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the ticket holders acceptance or use of any prize. Each ticket holder agrees that his or her name, likeness and any statement made by him or her regarding any prize may be disclosed to, and used by, news media and may otherwise be used by BMR for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation, and in lists of prize winners which may be published in area newspapers and other media.
6. Tickets – The cost to purchase a ticket for the MSR Main Ticket is $20. (U.S. only). A maximum of 10,000 tickets will be available for purchase. Each ticket has one number and represents one chance to win. Any eligible person may purchase more than one ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid tickets sold and the number of prizes offered. Tickets will not be sold any later than 8:00PM on July 13, 2024. Tickets are available at designated off-site MSR ticket locations (ticket sale sights as determined by BMR) and from designated individuals (members of BMR and/or the MSC or their designees). Any unsold tickets become the property of BMR and will not be sold or used in the drawing. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
7. Failure of payment – A ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the MSR, until satisfactory payment for such ticket is received by BMR. If a ticket holder’s payment by credit card is declined or check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, such ticket holder’s ticket shall be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing unless full and satisfactory payment is made by 6:00PM on 7/12/2024; such payment to include returned check fees and any other penalties. In the event of the above-mentioned situation BMR will endeavor to notify the holder of the invalid ticket by mail at the address provided on the ticket stub. However, any failure to do so will not cause the ticket to become valid, cause the ticket to be entered in the MSR, or give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated ticket holder.
8. Multiple party tickets – In the event that more than one name is listed on a ticket stub, the first name listed shall be deemed to be the ticket holder. Delivery or payment of the prize shall be made solely to the ticket holder. It is the sole responsibility of the ticket holder to allocate any such prize among the participants in a multiple party ticket and BMR, its directors, officers, employees and agents and the members of the MSR shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
9. Submission of ticket stubs – It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to return the ticket stub attached to the MSR ticket to BMR no later than 8:00PM on 7/12/2024. If BMR does not receive the ticket stub at the address (drawing location to be determined by BMR) and by the time listed the ticket will be invalid and not entered in the drawing. BMR assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered stubs or stubs otherwise lost in transit. All defective or altered ticket stubs will be immediately disqualified by the MSC and the corresponding ticket shall be invalid. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to print clearly and legibly on their ticket(s). Ticket stubs that are not legible by the members of the MSC shall be discarded. Ticket stubs are not transferrable once submitted to BMR.
10. Raffle drawing – The raffle drawing will take place on July 13, 2024 at 8:00 PM at a location and time to be determined by BMR. BMR reserves the right to change the date, time or place of the drawing in the event that circumstances beyond BMR’s control mandate such a change. Proper notice of any changes will be announced ahead of time by BMR on their web site at burtonmiddlefieldrotary.org. Ticket numbers will be randomly drawn from a spinnable raffle basket device with a majority of the MSC present. Winners will be holders of the MSR tickets that match the ticket stubs drawn. TICKET HOLDERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. The MSR committee will make every effort to notify winners as soon as possible by phone, e-mail or U. S. Mail (only if necessary)
11. Claiming a prize – All prizes must be claimed within 30 days from the date of the drawing or from the actual date of the winner being notified. Failure to claim a prize within 30 days from the date of the drawing or notification of the winner shall void the winning ticket holders right to the prize. A list of winners will be available on the MSR web site the day following the drawing. Ticket holders may request a list of winners by sending a stamped self -addressed envelope to: BMR – P. O. Box 516 – Burton, OH 44021.
12. Obligations of winning ticket holders – Except as otherwise provided herein, each ticket holder who wins a prize is responsible for all costs associated with that prize, including but not limited to, registration, licensing and other applicable fees as well as local state and federal taxes that may be applicable. Prizes valued at $5000 or more require payment of federal taxes prior to taking possession of the prize. All cash prizes over $600. Will be accompanied by an IRS Form 1099 in the name of the winner listed on the winning ticket. The MSRP of the vehicle supplied as the winning prize can be determined by contacting a representative of the MSR. Ticket holders are advised to consult with a tax advisor to determine any tax liabilities. Each winning ticket holder is required to provide BMR with valid identification and a valid social security number and must complete all IRS and other forms requested by BMR prior to delivery of the prize. Failure to provide any information requested or to fail to complete any form requested or to pay any taxes requested by BMR will constitute failure to claim a prize.
13. The ticket holder who is in possession of a Maple Splash Raffle main ticket number: 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, 7000, 7500, 8000, 8500, 9000, 9500, and 10,000 will be an instant cash prize winner of $100 payable by The Rotary Club of Burton-Middlefield (BMR) upon verification of possession of an instant winning ticket. A check in the amount of $100 will be issued and mailed by US mail service to the winning “ticket holder”. The above numbered tickets are eligible for all remaining drawings of MSR 2024.
14. Early Bird drawings – The MSC will conduct a series of Early Bird Drawings for a $1000 cash prize on the following dates: Dec. 20, 2023; Jan. 31, 2024; Feb 28, 2024; March 27, 2024 and April 24, 2024. One ticket will be randomly drawn from a spinnable raffle device with a majority of the MSC present on each date as stated on the ticket. A check in the amount of $1000 will be issued to the winning “ticket holder”. The ticket stub will then be returned to the spinnable device and be eligible for all remaining drawings of MSR 2024.
15. At the Maple Splash Raffle and Festival on July 13, 2024, at 8:00PM, one (1) ticket will be drawn for each prize and awarded in the following order:
Grand Prize – 2023 Chevy Silverado 4-door all-wheel drive pick-up truck donated by the Chevy Network and Preston Chevrolet. The Grand Prize vehicle has a cash prize equivalent of $30,000 (a check will be issued by the RC of Burton-Middlefield) and the winner will relinquish any and all rights to the 2023 Chevy Silverado pick-up truck. The Grand Prize winner must notify Burton-Middlefield Rotary Club of their decision to accept either the Chevy truck or the cash prize within 3 days of the drawing. This Grand Prize or the cash prize equivalent will both be subject to IRS rules and regulations (see item #12)
Second Prize – Husqvarna Z248F zero turn mower donated by First Quality Power Place in Middlefield. Third Prize – A DeWalt 20V Tripod Light & Cordless Jobsite Fan donated by Hartville Hardware – Middlefield Store.
Fourth Prize – A Husqvarna Chainsaw Package donated by Vatty Tree & Landscaping.
Fifth Prize – A Vacation Package (3-night hotel/resort stay at Geneva-on-the-Lake or 3-nights at Virginia Beach hotel/resort) donated by Beaches & Dreams Travel in Burton and $500 Cash (check will be issued in this amount from the RC of Burton-Middlefield).
Sixth Prize – A Milwaukee M18 Fuel 10” Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw donated by Carter Lumber – Burton, Ohio.
Seventh Prize – An LG 65” Flat Screen TV donated by Radio Active Electronics.
Eighth Prize –A set of 14k 2.53 LAB DIA STUDS Earrings donated by Steven DiFranco Jewelers. This is a Lab Grown/Created Diamond.
Ninth Prize – A Kreg Mobile Project Center donated by B & M Tool Sales.
Tenth prize – Large Big Green Egg Charcoal Grill & Smoker donated by Shetler’s Stove and Heating sponsored in Mesopotamia, Ohio.
Eleventh Prize – 10’x12’ Timber Frame storage building sponsored by Pine Craft Storage Barn. A $6910 Value. The storage building will be delivered or built on site within 20 miles of Middlefield, Ohio. Alternative building style, size and additional delivery miles are available at additional cost to the winner.
Twelfth Prize – Yeti Rescue Red Cooler Package.
Thirteenth Prize – Moritz International DLBH610-10 12000, GVWR 12000 lbs. 6”10” X 10’, 12,000LB Dump Trailer and an aluminum tarp system with mesh tarp donated by O’Reilly Trailer Sales, Newbury, Ohio.
Fourteenth Prize– A Generac 10KW Stand-By Generator and Transfer Switch donated by KBR Solutions. This prize does not include installation, extended warranties or maintenance plans.
Fifteenth Prize – $500 Cash (check will be issued in this amount from the RC of Burton-Middlefield).
This prize list subject to change at any time at the discretion of the MSC with the deletion of any prize listed or the addition of any new prize before the drawing date of 7/13/2024. If any prize is deleted it will be replaced by a cash prize in an amount determined by the MSC.
16. The “Outdoor Adventure” (OA) raffle is a side raffle to the MSR ticket and sold separately or with bundling options.
The cost to purchase an OA Ticket is $25. (U.S. only). A maximum of 5,000 tickets will be available for purchase. Each ticket has one number and represents one chance to win one prize. Any eligible person may purchase more than one ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid tickets sold and the number of prizes offered. Tickets will not be sold any later than 8:00PM on July 13, 2024. Tickets are available online at maplesplashraffle.com and from designated individuals (members of BMR and/or the MSC or their designees). Any unsold tickets become the property of BMR and will not be sold or used in the drawing. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
At the Maple Splash Raffle and Festival on July 13, 2024, at approximately 8:00PM, one (1) OA ticket will be drawn for each prize and awarded in the following order:
1. Ten Point Cross Bow with case, arrows, tree stand, targets and more from Rods & Reels – Parkman, Ohio
2. Traeger Pellet Smoker/grill with Wi-Fi from Ace Hardware – Middlefield, Ohio
3. Fishing Rod & Reel, Tackle Box, Igloo Cooler from Rods & Reels – Parkman, plus a Lifetime Tamarack PRO 103 Kayak.
4. ENVY NV4 Electric Vehicle from Real Toys – Middlefield, Ohio.
17. Online only 50/50 Cash Raffle – 50/50 Cash Raffle tickets may be purchased for $5 each at maplesplashraffle.com. This is an online raffle only. No in person sales. The amount of the cash prize will be 50% of the total amount of funds collected for this 50/50 raffle online only. Any other 50/50 raffle held at the MSR festival is NOT part of this online raffle. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid tickets sold. An unlimited number of tickets are available for sale.
18. Bundling options – Available only online at maplesplashraffle.com are the following bundling options to purchase tickets:
1. 5-5-5 – Five (5) Maple Splash Raffle main tickets, Five (5) Outdoor Adventure Tickets and
Five (5) 50/50 Cash Raffle tickets for $150.
2. Five (5) Outdoor Adventure tickets for $100.
19. Online ticket Sales – All of the above tickets, that are sold online, will be scanned and a PDF will be emailed to the Purchaser to the email address as provided. The Purchaser’s portion of the Ticket may be delivered by US Mail service upon request and payment of $5 per ticket purchased.
19. Delivery of prizes – Prizes must be pickup in Burton, Ohio before August 13, 2024. Any delivery or shipping expense will be at the Winners expense.